The effect of laser radiation on periodontal tissue gives the following effects:
– photobactericidal and photothermal disinfection of the walls of the periodontal pocket;
– photo-biostimulating effect, accelerating the healing process.
A diode laser with a wavelength of 940 nm within the correctly chosen parameters provides a soft but deep cleaning of the target area from pathogens, helps to clean the periodontal wound of granulation tissue and degenerative epithelium.
In addition, the erbium laser makes it possible to do a number of additional manipulations: de-epithelization, degranulation, gingivectomy, gingivoplasty, vestibuloplasty, etc.
Erbium laser is a unique device for periodontal surgery. It is indispensable in the treatment of periodontitis (curettage), in the excision of the altered gum edge in hypertrophic gingivitis (gingivectomy), in the excision of the marginal part of the gum for the purpose of aesthetic lengthening of the crown part of the tooth, in contouring the gingival margin before restoration, endodontic and orthodontic manipulations. It also helps to perform depigmentation of the gums.
The advantages of an erbium laser in the treatment of periodontal and peri-implant tissue diseases:
- the possibility of drugs reduction in treatment;
- stimulation and maintenance of periodontal wound healing processes;
- achievement of a more stable remission;
- a significant reduction in surgical interventions compared with the traditional treatment method.
Read more about periodontal diseases and traditional therapy